Work Pass Application
Need expert support with Singapore work pass application? Get started with Paciol now!
Do you want to move to Singapore to start your own business? Then you can work in Singapore with the two primary work passes. Get an entrepreneur or employment pass for entering Singapore along with your family or dependents. If you are a professional entrepreneur or foreign business planning to relocate to Singapore, Paciol can help you with your Singapore work pass application. By finding out the types of passes most suitable for you, we help make the application process more straightforward. Contact us to find out more!
A brief overview of Employment and Entre Passes
Both employment and EntrePass are temporary residency passes that enable applicants and their immediate families to relocate to Singapore. Both the work passes are not necessary for permanent residents or Singapore citizens, and they are issued for 1-2 years. The work passes are renewable, and the pass holder is liable to pay personal income tax based on the salary annually. Irrespective of the similarities between the employment and Entre passes, there are also many differences.
What is an employment pass?
The employment pass is primarily a Singapore work pass issued to employees, foreign professionals, executives and owners of Singapore companies. To become an employment pass holder or get an Employment pass, an individual should have a fixed minimum salary of at least $4,5000. They should also have acceptable degrees, specialist skills and qualifications taken into consideration for the work permit.
What is an Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)?
The EntrePass is suitable for foreign professionals seeking to set up an enterprise in Singapore. The EntrePass is reviewed by three government bodies- the IMDA, Spring Singapore and NRF. To get the EntrePass passes applicants must demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Having a nationally recognized licensed or Intellectual Property
- They must be funded by a recognized venture capitalist or third-party sponsor.
- In addition, the applicant should have exceptional domain expertise with a good track record of investing in a business.
- You must be 21 years and above
- You must have an entrepreneurial proposal to create local employment
- You can relocate to Singapore to run your business
Typically, the EntrePass is a long term visit pass designed for foreign professionals who wish to relocate and start their business in Singapore. The pass is primarily open to all nationalities as the fundamental aim of the scheme is to attract talent to the country and bolster Singapore’s economy.
Besides being compliant with the above requirements, you must also meet the eligibility criteria under one of the three categories mentioned below:
- Your company should have at least $100,000 in funding from a Singapore government-accredited venture capitalist or business angel to be an entrepreneur.
- A government-supported incubator or accelerator should incubate your company.
- You should have an extensive business network or a robust entrepreneurial track record.
- To fulfil the innovator criteria, your company should hold the intellectual property.
- It should have research collaboration with Singapore universities or research institutions under the Agency of Science, Technology and Research.
- You must showcase a record of achievement in your defined area of expertise.
- Your business profile must showcase a promising track record of profound business investments
Work with Paciol to get your Work Pass Approved!
Do you want to relocate to start your business in Singapore? Are you looking for a helping hand to simplify your work permit application? Paciol is your answer. To guarantee your success in the work pass application, we render our expertise in preparing the application. Our seasoned experts ensure that all essential documents are included to minimize delays and maximize the chances of approval. We can also aid you in reconciling a business proposal, liaising with the MOM officer in charge and arranging for the issuance of work pass upon in-principle approval.